Housing assessment: specialist disability accommodation
Specialist disability accommodation (SDA) is accommodation for participants who need specialist housing solutions to cater for their extreme functional impairment or very high support needs.
For this assessment, we comprehensively assess your current and future needs, and make a recommendation to the NDIS about your eligibility for this accommodation.
This is a detailed and comprehensive complex report to meet NDIS requirements. Therefore, we estimate it will take approximately 20 hours to complete, including:
- several assessments with you and your current supports
- travel for up to three meetings
Housing assessment: supported independent living
Supported independent living (SIL) is any funded service support that gives participants a greater level of independent living.
For this assessment, we comprehensively assess your functional status, and the amount and types of supports you need to maintain and improve your daily living standards.
You may be eligible for this assessment if you:
- live with parents
- live in a shared residence with other NDIS participants
- live alone
- want to move from your current accommodation to more independent and age-appropriate accommodation
SIL can be provided in non-SDA residences and SDA residences.
This is a detailed service that requires us to provide a comprehensive assessment and report. Therefore, we estimate it will take approximately 20 hours to complete.
This includes several assessments, including spending significant time communicating with your family or other supports.
The NDIA has specified the criteria for this assessment.
Our pre-planning assessment gives us details about your disability and how it affects your:
- ability to achieve goals
- future need for NDIS-funded services
Participants find this service useful when they are:
- transferring to the NDIS for the first time, and need support and evidence for their planning session
- on an existing NDIS plan and their individual needs or goals change, or their NDIS plan review is pending
We estimate this will take approximately 5 to 6 hours, including initial assessment, report writing and travel.
We may cover:
- assistance or capability with daily living skills
- assistance or capability with social and community participation
- assistive technology, such as equipment that could increase your independence
- home modifications or specialised disability accommodation (SDA)
- support coordination
- finding and keeping a job
- improved health and wellbeing
- therapy goals